This website privacy notice describes how The College of Trichology Science and Practice (CTSP) protects and makes use of the information you give to CTSP when you use this website. If you are asked to provide information when using this website, it will only be used in the ways described in this privacy notice.
The latest version of this policy is published on this page and is reviewed and updated from time to time.
What information do CTSP hold about you?
We gather and use certain information about visitors to this website to provide information and services and enable certain function on this website. We also collect information to help us understand how visitors use our website and let us present timely, relevant information to them.
Information we collect from you
We may collect the following information while you are using this website:
- Your name
- Job title
- Contact information including your email address and telephone number
- Demographic information, such as postcodes, areas of interest for study or your preferences
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to enquiries and events
- Other information pertaining to surveys and competitions
Why do we collect this information?
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from CTSP such as our qualifications or courses, enabling us to deliver improved services. Specifically, we may use data:
- for our own internal records
- to improve the services we provide
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- to send you information by email and/or text about news, events and activities which we think might be relevant to you
- to contact you via email and/or text for market research reasons.
We take our responsibility for looking after your information seriously and you can request more details as available in our Data Protection Policy.
Cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones. It enables our website to identify your device as you browse the different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present certain content, options or functions that are specific to you and your interests. They also enable us to see information like how many people visit our website and they pages they visit. Cookies do not let us access your device, nor do they provide any personal information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us to improve the website.
- Test content on the website. For example, 50% of users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present information to you which you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to the website. We may show you relevant content or provide functionality you have used previously.
What do we do with your information?
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website you will see tick boxes allowing you to:
- Choose to receive news and information from CTSP about events and activities by
- Email, text or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information to tell you about news, events and activities you can change your mind easily, via one of the following methods:
- Click the unsubscribe link in any email sent to you
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at The CTSP, 54 Northfield, Swanland, East Yorkshire, HU14 3RB
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to do so. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy.
How long do we keep this information about you?
We keep information given to us on our website for two years. Email and phone numbers are kept until you unsubscribe from mailing lists which you have subscribed to.
Links from our website
Our website may contain links to other websites.
We have no control outside of www.tpdp.co.uk or www.Trichologyeduction.org If you provide information to a website which we link to we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
What are my rights?
You can ask us for details about any information we have about you at any time. You have the right to be given this information without undue delay and if any information is inaccurate or missing, you can ask for it to be corrected.
You can at any point, ask us to delete information we hold about you.
You can ask us to stop using your information and data if one of the following applies:
- You don’t believe that the information we have about you is correct and you want us to stop using your data until the information has been corrected
- You believe that we have processed information about you unlawfully and want us to stop processing your details, rather than us deleting it
- We no longer need the data, but you might need it for legal reasons
- You have already asked us not to use your data, but we are waiting for a third party to decide whether we have to stop using it or not.
If we make any amends to your information, or delete data, we will do our best to let you know, unless this is impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
If we pass your information to other organisations, we will let you know if you ask us for this information.
There may be times, even if you ask us to stop processing information about you, when we will still use that data, for example when it is in the public interest or we have to use the information as an official authority. We won’t process data if you ask us to stop unless we can demonstrate that there is a legal need to do so.
If you want to find out what information we hold about you, you can provide a Subject Access Request (SAR) form for you to complete and return to us. We will respond to this within one month giving you details of where we got information about you, why we have it and who we share it with (if applicable).
Who can I contact if I have any questions or concerns?
CTSP will review this policy annually and revise it as and when necessary in response to changes in practice, actions from the regulatory authorities or external agencies or changes in legislation.
If you would like to express any views on this policy, please contact our Quality Assurance manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org